Thursday, February 24, 2011

My First Try at making cookies. They worked fairly well.
The texture wasn't quite right as I didn't add eggs.
but they tasted delicious.

It had:
3 cups flour.
2 cups sugar (I know its alot)
200g butter
half a tsp of baking powder
a pinch of cinnamon
a big pinch of cocoa
a big pinch of vanilla dusting sugar
some vanilla essence
a big pinch of salt
and some choc chips.

Now I personally hate recipes and dont use exact measurements
but I wrote them down approximately so you can try my cookies.
The method is the same as other cookies in all ways but one.
instead of just chucking the sugar in randomly I melted butter
with a little bit of water, the sugar and the vanilla essence.
melted them and let the sugar dissolve as if I were making toffee
then before it goes brown and toffee-like, as soon as the sugar is
dissolved then pour it into the dry stuff, add the choc chips and stir.
they spread a bit so don't go putting them close together.
serves as many as you want. depending on your hunger.

P.S the salt makes them addictive.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Haz,
    I can see your PIP will be amazing you have the perfect idea that suits you amazingly.
    good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete