Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Grandmothers Recipe! (Almond Shortbread Crescents)

 These Cookies are an old favourite of mine, my grandmother used to make them for my Brother, my Sister and Me.
They are a pretty simple shortbread recipe. But they have "Vanillin Sugar" and almond meal.
 Which is very nice, and they are also rolled in icing sugar when they come out of the oven.
When I told my grandma about this, she      
 sent me some of these in the mail!
They were Delicious!
But when I tried to make them, My friend had recently used the oven, and had set a "Cook Timer" instead of the normal "Timer"
The cook timer is set to turn off the oven when the timer runs out, while the timer merely goes *Beep Beep Beep* and so the when the Cook Timer went off the oven went off and he took out his Muffins,
then I put my cookies in and the oven was off but still warm, so they slow-cooked for about 30mins before we realised that the oven was off.
This meant than they went rather flat!
Here is the recipe:

Almond Crescents
140 grams unsalted butter
 70 grams sugar
 170 grams self raising flour
 70 grams almond meal
 1 egg white
 1/2 (half) teaspoon Vanillin sugar
Mix all ingredients together,shape into crescents & bake in fan forced oven
at 160 degrees until golden brown.
Carefully remove from tray & put each in icing sugar mixed w/- 1/2 teaspoon vanillin sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment